Sizewell Level Crossing
Sizewell Level Crossing Location Map
Sizewell Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2061 / 52°12'21"N
Longitude: 1.5923 / 1°35'32"E
OS Eastings: 645546
OS Northings: 262511
OS Grid: TM455625
Mapcode National: GBR YZ1.MDJ
Mapcode Global: VHM7Q.KT56
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Sizewell Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Sizewell
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Leiston CP
- Postcode: IP164JR
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SIZ
- Distance: 95 miles 71 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- 2484 Vehicles
- 243 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Aldeburgh and Leiston
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Leiston
District Council Ward: Leiston
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.