Slymlakes Level Crossing
Slymlakes Level Crossing Location Map
Slymlakes Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7679 / 50°46'4"N
Longitude: -3.0208 / 3°1'14"W
OS Eastings: 328106
OS Northings: 96973
OS Grid: SY281969
Mapcode National: GBR PF.YZZY
Mapcode Global: FRA 47K1.WFQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Slymlakes Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Slymlakes
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Axminster CP
- Postcode: EX138TT
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 145 miles 46 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 39
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Gates Open
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
Civil Parish/community: Axminster
County Council Electoral Division: Axminster
District Council Ward: Axminster Town
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council: East Devon District Council
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: Tiverton and Honiton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.