Smiths Level Crossing
Smiths Level Crossing Location Map
Smiths Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4046 / 51°24'16"N
Longitude: -0.8327 / 0°49'57"W
OS Eastings: 481291
OS Northings: 167931
OS Grid: SU812679
Mapcode National: GBR D7R.SBX
Mapcode Global: VHDX2.JY4M
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Smiths Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Smiths
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Wokingham CP
- Postcode: RG402BW
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: RDG1
- Distance: 35 miles 73 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph (up)
70 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 163
- 1 Vehicles
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
European Region: South East
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Wescott
UK Parliament Constituency: Wokingham
Civil Parish/community: Wokingham
Unitary Authority: Wokingham Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.