Smiths Level Crossing
Stanford-le-Hope West, Thurrock
Smiths Level Crossing Location Map
Smiths Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5071 / 51°30'25"N
Longitude: 0.4543 / 0°27'15"E
OS Eastings: 570423
OS Northings: 181539
OS Grid: TQ704815
Mapcode National: GBR PN7.FP7
Mapcode Global: VHJL6.TDJ0
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Smiths Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Smiths
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: SS170AL
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: THN
- Distance: 28 miles 11 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 4
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: South Basildon and East Thurrock
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Stanford-le-Hope West
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.