Spondon Level Crossing
Spondon Level Crossing Location Map
Spondon Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.9121 / 52°54'43"N
Longitude: -1.4113 / 1°24'40"W
OS Eastings: 439685
OS Northings: 335129
OS Grid: SK396351
Mapcode National: GBR 6F4.J06
Mapcode Global: WHDH1.9269
- Name: Spondon
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: City of Derby (B)
- Postcode: DE217RY
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: SPC6
- Distance: 125 miles 73 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2019
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 155
- 1161 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 3 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing is near station
- Frequent Trains
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Unitary Authority: Derby City Council
European Region: East Midlands
UK Parliament Constituency: Mid Derbyshire
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Spondon
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.