Stert Level Crossing
Stert Level Crossing Location Map
Stert Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3282 / 51°19'41"N
Longitude: -1.9502 / 1°57'0"W
OS Eastings: 403564
OS Northings: 158790
OS Grid: SU035587
Mapcode National: GBR 3WL.RRJ
Mapcode Global: VHB4H.4WV5
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Stert Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Stert
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Wiltshire
- Postcode: SN103HZ
- Route: Western
- ELR: SWY
- Distance: 83 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2019
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 38
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Devizes
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Stert
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Urchfont and The Cannings
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.