Stiffs Level Crossing
Burston and Shimpling, Norfolk
Stiffs Level Crossing Location Map
Stiffs Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4024 / 52°24'8"N
Longitude: 1.1488 / 1°8'55"E
OS Eastings: 614300
OS Northings: 282931
OS Grid: TM143829
Mapcode National: GBR THM.98M
Mapcode Global: VHL91.VWQ6
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Stiffs Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Stiffs
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Burston and Shimpling CP
- Postcode: IP225TX
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 97 miles 20 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 90
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Bressingham and Burston
Civil Parish/community: Burston and Shimpling
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Norfolk County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: South Norfolk
District Council: South Norfolk District Council
County Council Electoral Division: West Depwade
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.