Stockton Level Crossing
Stockton Level Crossing Location Map
Stockton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.142 / 51°8'31"N
Longitude: -2.033 / 2°1'58"W
OS Eastings: 397785
OS Northings: 138081
OS Grid: ST977380
Mapcode National: GBR 2XH.8V0
Mapcode Global: VHB5D.QK2D
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Stockton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Stockton
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Stockton CP
- Postcode: BA120SG
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SAL0
- Distance: 122 miles 39 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due: February 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75
- Trains per day: 83
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Stockton
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Warminster Copheap and Wylye
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.