Strefford Level Crossing
Strefford Level Crossing Location Map
Strefford Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4695 / 52°28'10"N
Longitude: -2.8283 / 2°49'41"W
OS Eastings: 343831
OS Northings: 286047
OS Grid: SO438860
Mapcode National: GBR BF.KGDV
Mapcode Global: VH766.X6P7
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Strefford Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Strefford
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing with Whistleboards
- Location: Wistanstow CP
- Postcode: SY7 8DL
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SHL0
- Distance: 17 miles 75 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due: February 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 95
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or stiles
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Church Stretton and Craven Arms
UK Parliament Constituency: Ludlow
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Wistanstow
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.