Suttons Level Crossing
Suttons Level Crossing Location Map
Suttons Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.2259 / 53°13'33"N
Longitude: -0.8428 / 0°50'34"W
OS Eastings: 477349
OS Northings: 370498
OS Grid: SK773704
Mapcode National: GBR BHB.PQY
Mapcode Global: WHFGX.05XS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Suttons Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Suttons
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Marnham CP
- Postcode: NG236RU
- Route: London North East
- ELR: HIM
- Distance: 26 miles 34 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 2
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Infrequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Bassetlaw District Council
European Region: East Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Marnham
UK Parliament Constituency: Newark
County Council: Nottinghamshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Tuxford
District Council Ward: Tuxford and Trent
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.