Swaythling Level Crossing
Swaythling Level Crossing Location Map
Swaythling Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9453 / 50°56'43"N
Longitude: -1.3708 / 1°22'15"W
OS Eastings: 444296
OS Northings: 116397
OS Grid: SU442163
Mapcode National: GBR RWB.5Y
Mapcode Global: FRA 860L.XDV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Swaythling Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Swaythling
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: City of Southampton (B)
- Postcode: SO182HJ
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BML1
- Distance: 75 miles 26 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 271
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Romsey and Southampton North
Unitary Authority: Southampton City Council
European Region: South East
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Swaythling
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.