Symonds Level Crossing
Symonds Level Crossing Location Map
Symonds Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4123 / 52°24'44"N
Longitude: 1.1564 / 1°9'23"E
OS Eastings: 614770
OS Northings: 284049
OS Grid: TM147840
Mapcode National: GBR THF.R6D
Mapcode Global: VHL92.0M7M
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Symonds Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Symonds
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: South Norfolk District
- Postcode: IP225UE
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 98 miles 0 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph (up)
50 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 90
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Bressingham and Burston
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Gissing
County Council: Norfolk County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: South Norfolk
District Council: South Norfolk District Council
County Council Electoral Division: West Depwade
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.