Tal-y-cafn Level Crossing
Tal-y-cafn Level Crossing Location Map
Tal-y-cafn Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.2283 / 53°13'41"N
Longitude: -3.8185 / 3°49'6"W
OS Eastings: 278703
OS Northings: 371680
OS Grid: SH787716
Mapcode National: GBR 63.0NWN
Mapcode Global: WH65J.93XZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Tal-y-cafn Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Tal-y-cafn
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Eglwysbach Community
- Postcode: LL285RS
- Route: Wales
- ELR: LJT1
- Distance: 5 miles 8 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 45 mph
- Trains per day: 12
- 608 Vehicles
- 43 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing Approach
- RD Visibility
- Sun Glare
- Crossing is near station
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Aberconwy
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Aberconwy
Unitary Authority: Conwy Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Eglwysbach
Civil Parish/community: Eglwysbach Community
Welsh Assembly Region: North Wales
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.