Taynuilt Level Crossing
Oban North and Lorn, Argyll and Bute
Taynuilt Level Crossing Location Map
Taynuilt Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 56.4309 / 56°25'51"N
Longitude: -5.2405 / 5°14'25"W
OS Eastings: 200286
OS Northings: 731229
OS Grid: NN002312
Mapcode National: GBR FCFQ.JB1
Mapcode Global: WH1HM.GMRC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Taynuilt Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Taynuilt
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Argyll and Bute
- Postcode: PA351JE
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: OBN2
- Distance: 58 miles 65 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 15 mph
- Trains per day: 14
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Argyll and Bute
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Argyll and Bute
Unitary Authority: Argyll and Bute Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Oban North and Lorn
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.