Teston Level Crossing
Teston Level Crossing Location Map
Teston Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2548 / 51°15'17"N
Longitude: 0.4479 / 0°26'52"E
OS Eastings: 570915
OS Northings: 153476
OS Grid: TQ709534
Mapcode National: GBR PRB.62L
Mapcode Global: VHJMC.QQ4D
- Name: Teston
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Teston CP
- Postcode: ME185BX
- Route: Kent
- ELR: PWS1
- Distance: 41 miles 14 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2013
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 46
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- No key risk drivers identified
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council Ward: Barming
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Maidstone and The Weald
District Council: Maidstone Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Maidstone Rural West
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: Teston
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.