Thames Board Mills Level Crossing
West Thurrock and South Stifford, Thurrock
Thames Board Mills Level Crossing Location Map
Thames Board Mills Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.477 / 51°28'37"N
Longitude: 0.243 / 0°14'34"E
OS Eastings: 555864
OS Northings: 177723
OS Grid: TQ558777
Mapcode National: GBR VF.RY0
Mapcode Global: VHHNV.54BK
- Name: Thames Board Mills
- Crossing Type: Private Manned Barriers
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: RM191RE
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 16 miles 38 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 45 mph
- Trains per day: 160
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: Thurrock
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): West Thurrock and South Stifford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.