Tonford Level Crossing
Thanington Without, Kent
Tonford Level Crossing Location Map
Tonford Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2713 / 51°16'16"N
Longitude: 1.0466 / 1°2'47"E
OS Eastings: 612610
OS Northings: 156867
OS Grid: TR126568
Mapcode National: GBR TY7.7FD
Mapcode Global: VHLGM.394S
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Tonford Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Tonford
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thanington Without CP
- Postcode: CT1 3XX
- Route: Kent
- ELR: ACR
- Distance: 68 miles 61 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 106
- 135 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Canterbury
District Council: Canterbury City Council
County Council Electoral Division: Canterbury City South West
County Council: Kent County Council
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: Thanington Without
District Council Ward: Wincheap
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.