Towan Level Crossing
St Ives, Cornwall
Towan Level Crossing Location Map
Towan Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.1927 / 50°11'33"N
Longitude: -5.4396 / 5°26'22"W
OS Eastings: 154597
OS Northings: 38180
OS Grid: SW545381
Mapcode National: GBR DXY5.H4Z
Mapcode Global: VH12M.NFP4
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Towan Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Towan
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: St. Ives CP
- Postcode: TR263DZ
- Route: Western
- ELR: SIV
- Distance: 322 miles 63 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 30 mph
- Trains per day: 56
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Lelant and Carbis Bay
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: St Ives
Civil Parish/community: St Ives
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.