Townsend Level Crossing
Townsend Level Crossing Location Map
Townsend Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1375 / 51°8'15"N
Longitude: -1.9957 / 1°59'44"W
OS Eastings: 400397
OS Northings: 137583
OS Grid: SU003375
Mapcode National: GBR 2XK.L7V
Mapcode Global: VHB5F.CN9V
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Townsend Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Townsend
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Wylye CP
- Postcode: BA120RY
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SAL
- Distance: 124 miles 13 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 84
- 4 Vehicles
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Gates Open
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
UK Parliament Constituency: Salisbury
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Till and Wylye Valley
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
Civil Parish/community: Wylye
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.