Twyford Car Park Level Crossing
Twyford Car Park Level Crossing Location Map
Twyford Car Park Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4745 / 51°28'28"N
Longitude: -0.8659 / 0°51'57"W
OS Eastings: 478860
OS Northings: 175673
OS Grid: SU788756
Mapcode National: GBR C5L.HX1
Mapcode Global: VHDWV.Y62G
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Twyford Car Park Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Twyford Car Park
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Twyford CP
- Postcode: RG109TU
- Route: Western
- ELR: HEN
- Distance: 31 miles 5 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 10 mph
- Trains per day: 12
- 686 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Crossing is near station
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Maidenhead
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: Twyford
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Twyford
Unitary Authority: Wokingham Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.