Ty-glas Level Crossing
Ty-glas Level Crossing Location Map
Ty-glas Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5217 / 51°31'17"N
Longitude: -3.1982 / 3°11'53"W
OS Eastings: 316964
OS Northings: 180986
OS Grid: ST169809
Mapcode National: GBR KC4.VH
Mapcode Global: VH6F6.J03T
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ty-glas Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ty-glas
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Llanishen Community
- Postcode: CF145DJ
- Route: Wales
- ELR: CRY0
- Distance: 1 miles 20 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 45
- Trains per day: 60
- 736 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing is Near a Station
- Large Numbers of Users
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: Cardiff Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Cardiff North
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Cardiff North
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Llanishen
Civil Parish/community: Llanishen Community
Welsh Assembly Region: South Wales Central
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.