Ty Gwyn Level Crossing
Ty Gwyn Level Crossing Location Map
Ty Gwyn Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.3 / 53°17'59"N
Longitude: -3.5639 / 3°33'50"W
OS Eastings: 295872
OS Northings: 379252
OS Grid: SH958792
Mapcode National: GBR 3ZK8.6S
Mapcode Global: WH658.7B50
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ty Gwyn Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ty Gwyn
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Abergele Community
- Postcode: LL229HA
- Route: Wales
- ELR: CNH3
- Distance: 212 miles 44 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 78
- 67 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Abergele Community
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Abergele Pensarn
UK Parliament Constituency: Clwyd West
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Clwyd West
Unitary Authority: Conwy Council
Welsh Assembly Region: North Wales
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.