Tyning Level Crossing
Tyning Level Crossing Location Map
Tyning Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1401 / 51°8'24"N
Longitude: -2.0232 / 2°1'23"W
OS Eastings: 398471
OS Northings: 137874
OS Grid: ST984378
Mapcode National: GBR 2XH.K94
Mapcode Global: VHB5D.WL8T
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Tyning Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Tyning
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Stockton CP
- Postcode: BA120SE
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SAL
- Distance: 122 miles 75 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2013
- Next assessment due: March 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 78
- 14 Vehicles
- 3 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Stockton
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Warminster Copheap and Wylye
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.