Umberleigh Level Crossing
Umberleigh Level Crossing Location Map
Umberleigh Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9928 / 50°59'33"N
Longitude: -3.9835 / 3°59'0"W
OS Eastings: 260892
OS Northings: 123357
OS Grid: SS608233
Mapcode National: GBR KV.KLNQ
Mapcode Global: FRA 26JH.CWW
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Umberleigh Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Umberleigh
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Open Crossing
- Location: Chittlehampton CP
- Postcode: EX379DA
- Route: Western
- ELR: NDN
- Distance: 204 miles 32 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2013
- Next assessment due: March 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25 mph
- Trains per day: 28
- 270 Vehicles
- 135 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Chittlehampton
District Council Ward: Chittlehampton
County Council Electoral Division: Chulmleigh and Swimbridge
County Council: Devon County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Devon
District Council: North Devon Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.