Wallaces Level Crossing
Wendens Ambo, Essex
Wallaces Level Crossing Location Map
Wallaces Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.0162 / 52°0'58"N
Longitude: 0.205 / 0°12'18"E
OS Eastings: 551412
OS Northings: 237602
OS Grid: TL514376
Mapcode National: GBR MC1.JNQ
Mapcode Global: VHHL3.HLR7
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wallaces Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wallaces
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Wendens Ambo CP
- Postcode: CB114JH
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 42 miles 38 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 152
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
District Council Ward: Littlebury, Chesterford & Wenden Lofts
UK Parliament Constituency: Saffron Walden
County Council Electoral Division: Saffron Walden
District Council: Uttlesford District Council
Civil Parish/community: Wendens Ambo
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.