Wansdyke Level Crossing
Little Bedwyn, Wiltshire
Wansdyke Level Crossing Location Map
Wansdyke Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.384 / 51°23'2"N
Longitude: -1.5939 / 1°35'38"W
OS Eastings: 428357
OS Northings: 165073
OS Grid: SU283650
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z4.5V6
Mapcode Global: VHC1Y.BG7W
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wansdyke Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wansdyke
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Little Bedwyn CP
- Postcode: SN8 3TR
- Route: Western
- ELR: BHL
- Distance: 66 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 76
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Burbage and The Bedwyns
UK Parliament Constituency: Devizes
Civil Parish/community: Little Bedwyn
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.