Wards Level Crossing
Wards Level Crossing Location Map
Wards Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2229 / 51°13'22"N
Longitude: 0.4098 / 0°24'35"E
OS Eastings: 568374
OS Northings: 149841
OS Grid: TQ683498
Mapcode National: GBR NQB.8FK
Mapcode Global: VHJMK.2J0C
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wards Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wards
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Nettlestead CP
- Postcode: ME186HL
- Route: Kent
- ELR: PWS1
- Distance: 37 miles 73 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2013
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 46
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Maidstone and The Weald
District Council: Maidstone Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Maidstone Rural West
District Council Ward: Marden and Yalding
Civil Parish/community: Nettlestead
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.