Wash House Level Crossing
Wash House Level Crossing Location Map
Wash House Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8873 / 50°53'14"N
Longitude: -3.8673 / 3°52'2"W
OS Eastings: 268753
OS Northings: 111416
OS Grid: SS687114
Mapcode National: GBR L0.SD3F
Mapcode Global: FRA 26SR.H6D
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wash House Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wash House
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Chawleigh CP
- Postcode: EX187LB
- Route: Western
- ELR: NDN
- Distance: 193 miles 28 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 24
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Central Devon
Civil Parish/community: Chawleigh
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council: Mid Devon District Council
European Region: South West
District Council Ward: Taw Vale
County Council Electoral Division: Willand and Uffculme
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.