Wateringbury Level Crossing
Wateringbury Level Crossing Location Map
Wateringbury Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2492 / 51°14'57"N
Longitude: 0.4209 / 0°25'15"E
OS Eastings: 569051
OS Northings: 152789
OS Grid: TQ690527
Mapcode National: GBR NPY.R6S
Mapcode Global: VHJMC.7VVQ
- Name: Wateringbury
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Nettlestead CP
- Postcode: ME185EH
- Route: Kent
- ELR: PWS1
- Distance: 39 miles 72 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2013
- Next assessment due: July 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 44
- 648 Vehicles
- 135 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 8 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - 29 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Crossing is near station
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Maidstone and The Weald
District Council: Maidstone Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Maidstone Rural West
District Council Ward: Marden and Yalding
Civil Parish/community: Nettlestead
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.