Watten Level Crossing
Landward Caithness, Highland
Watten Level Crossing Location Map
Watten Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 58.4837 / 58°29'1"N
Longitude: -3.2877 / 3°17'15"W
OS Eastings: 325016
OS Northings: 955777
OS Grid: ND250557
Mapcode National: GBR L679.JPV
Mapcode Global: WH6DC.G1N3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Watten Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Watten
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: KW1 5UH
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 153 miles 67 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 45 mph
- Trains per day: 8
- 688 Vehicles
- 18 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Landward Caithness
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.