Welsteads Level Crossing
Welsteads Level Crossing Location Map
Welsteads Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0146 / 51°0'52"N
Longitude: 0.8301 / 0°49'48"E
OS Eastings: 598607
OS Northings: 127725
OS Grid: TQ986277
Mapcode National: GBR RYD.6PJ
Mapcode Global: FRA D6MF.H6G
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Welsteads Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Welsteads
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Snargate CP
- Postcode: TN299RR
- Route: Kent
- ELR: APL
- Distance: 66 miles 10 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
12 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2019
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 20 mph
- Trains per day: 1
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Infrequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Folkestone and Hythe
County Council: Kent County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Romney Marsh
District Council: Shepway District Council
Civil Parish/community: Snargate
European Region: South East
District Council Ward: Walland & Denge Marsh
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.