West Grimstead Level Crossing
West Grimstead Level Crossing Location Map
West Grimstead Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0424 / 51°2'32"N
Longitude: -1.6952 / 1°41'42"W
OS Eastings: 421465
OS Northings: 127051
OS Grid: SU214270
Mapcode National: GBR 51R.J7M
Mapcode Global: FRA 76BC.9F3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of West Grimstead Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: West Grimstead
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Grimstead CP
- Postcode: SP5 3SH
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: RTJ2
- Distance: 90 miles 64 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2015
- Next assessment due: March 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 82
- 7 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Alderbury and Whiteparish
Civil Parish/community: Grimstead
UK Parliament Constituency: Salisbury
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.