West River Bridge Level Crossing
West River Bridge Level Crossing Location Map
West River Bridge Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.3475 / 52°20'50"N
Longitude: 0.2464 / 0°14'46"E
OS Eastings: 553108
OS Northings: 274531
OS Grid: TL531745
Mapcode National: GBR M71.WMH
Mapcode Global: VHHJL.7838
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of West River Bridge Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: West River Bridge
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thetford CP
- Postcode: CB6 3HR
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 67 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2015
- Next assessment due: March 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 186
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
District Council: East Cambridgeshire District Council
European Region: Eastern
County Council Electoral Division: Haddenham
UK Parliament Constituency: South East Cambridgeshire
District Council Ward: Stretham
Civil Parish/community: Thetford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.