Westbere Level Crossing
Westbere Level Crossing Location Map
Westbere Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3068 / 51°18'24"N
Longitude: 1.1534 / 1°9'12"E
OS Eastings: 619890
OS Northings: 161135
OS Grid: TR198611
Mapcode National: GBR TXZ.4F6
Mapcode Global: VHLGG.YF41
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Westbere Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Westbere
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Westbere CP
- Postcode: CT2 0HE
- Route: Kent
- ELR: ACR
- Distance: 74 miles 12 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2014
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 93
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Canterbury City Council
County Council Electoral Division: Herne and Sturry
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
European Region: South East
District Council Ward: Sturry
Civil Parish/community: Westbere
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.