Westbury Loop Level Crossing
Alberbury with Cardeston, Shropshire
Westbury Loop Level Crossing Location Map
Westbury Loop Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6922 / 52°41'31"N
Longitude: -2.9646 / 2°57'52"W
OS Eastings: 334898
OS Northings: 310934
OS Grid: SJ348109
Mapcode National: GBR B7.3JSL
Mapcode Global: WH8BQ.FLHH
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Westbury Loop Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Westbury Loop
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Shropshire
- Postcode: SY5 9AQ
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SBA1
- Distance: 10 miles 11 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80
- Trains per day: 24
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Alberbury with Cardeston
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Loton
UK Parliament Constituency: Shrewsbury and Atcham
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.