Westerleigh Level Crossing
Westerleigh, South Gloucestershire
Westerleigh Level Crossing Location Map
Westerleigh Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5056 / 51°30'20"N
Longitude: -2.444 / 2°26'38"W
OS Eastings: 369283
OS Northings: 178608
OS Grid: ST692786
Mapcode National: GBR JX.JCYK
Mapcode Global: VH88J.LFB5
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Westerleigh Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Westerleigh
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Westerleigh CP
- Postcode: BS378RD
- Route: Western
- ELR: BGL2
- Distance: 122 miles 19 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2020
- Next assessment due: January 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 5
- Trains per day: 4
- 168 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Large Numbers of Users
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: South Gloucestershire Council
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: Thornbury and Yate
Civil Parish/community: Westerleigh
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Westerleigh
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.