Westhall Level Crossing
Westhall Level Crossing Location Map
Westhall Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.3821 / 52°22'55"N
Longitude: 1.5346 / 1°32'4"E
OS Eastings: 640644
OS Northings: 281884
OS Grid: TM406818
Mapcode National: GBR XN9.QSF
Mapcode Global: VHM6X.KD47
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Westhall Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Westhall
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Westhall CP
- Postcode: IP198RQ
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 103 miles 47 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 35
- 459 Vehicles
- 135 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Crossing Approach
- RD Visibility
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Blything
European Region: Eastern
County Council Electoral Division: Halesworth
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
County Council: Suffolk County Council
District Council: Waveney District Council
Civil Parish/community: Westhall
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.