Wheal Bois Level Crossing
Wheal Bois Level Crossing Location Map
Wheal Bois Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.2496 / 50°14'58"N
Longitude: -5.2111 / 5°12'40"W
OS Eastings: 171172
OS Northings: 43782
OS Grid: SW711437
Mapcode National: GBR Z4.P87N
Mapcode Global: VH12C.MZFJ
- Name: Wheal Bois
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Redruth CP
- Postcode: TR165AB
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 308 miles 32 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2015
- Next assessment due: June 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 43
- 41 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Camborne and Redruth
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
Civil Parish/community: Redruth
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Redruth North
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.