Wheal Edward Level Crossing
Wheal Edward Level Crossing Location Map
Wheal Edward Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.5079 / 50°30'28"N
Longitude: -4.2188 / 4°13'7"W
OS Eastings: 242764
OS Northings: 69924
OS Grid: SX427699
Mapcode National: GBR NS.K86F
Mapcode Global: FRA 271Q.B78
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wheal Edward Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wheal Edward
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Calstock CP
- Postcode: PL189AB
- Route: Western
- ELR: CAL
- Distance: 3 miles 63 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2013
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 20 mph
- Trains per day: 18
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Calstock
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Gunnislake and Calstock
UK Parliament Constituency: South East Cornwall
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.