Whitehall Level Crossing
Whitehall Level Crossing Location Map
Whitehall Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2749 / 51°16'29"N
Longitude: 1.0595 / 1°3'34"E
OS Eastings: 613489
OS Northings: 157308
OS Grid: TR134573
Mapcode National: GBR TY7.4MS
Mapcode Global: VHLGM.96YZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Whitehall Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Whitehall
- Crossing Type: Public Highway User worked Crossing with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Canterbury District (B)
- Postcode: CT2 8QB
- Route: Kent
- ELR: ACR
- Distance: 69 miles 30 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: March 2015
- Next assessment due: June 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 107
- 20 Vehicles
- 50 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 11 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - 9 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Gates Open
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Canterbury
District Council: Canterbury City Council
County Council Electoral Division: Canterbury City South West
County Council: Kent County Council
European Region: South East
District Council Ward: Wincheap
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.