Wide Haugh Level Crossing
Wide Haugh Level Crossing Location Map
Wide Haugh Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.9708 / 54°58'14"N
Longitude: -2.0609 / 2°3'39"W
OS Eastings: 396199
OS Northings: 564020
OS Grid: NY961640
Mapcode National: GBR GB1Y.MX
Mapcode Global: WHB2D.9BV5
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wide Haugh Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wide Haugh
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Corbridge CP
- Postcode: NE461UW
- Route: London North East
- ELR: NEC2
- Distance: 19 miles 34 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due: February 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 65
- Trains per day: 99
- 34 Vehicles
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Large Numbers of Users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Civil Parish/community: Corbridge
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Corbridge
UK Parliament Constituency: Hexham
European Region: North East
Unitary Authority: Northumberland County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.