Wildes Level Crossing
Wildes Level Crossing Location Map
Wildes Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.7766 / 51°46'35"N
Longitude: 0.0572 / 0°3'25"E
OS Eastings: 542022
OS Northings: 210659
OS Grid: TL420106
Mapcode National: GBR LDF.H8Q
Mapcode Global: VHHM5.YL3X
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wildes Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wildes
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Roydon CP
- Postcode: CM195DS
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 21 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2015
- Next assessment due: June 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 324
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
European Region: Eastern
District Council: Epping Forest District Council
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Harlow
County Council Electoral Division: North Weald and Nazeing
Civil Parish/community: Roydon
District Council Ward: Roydon
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.