Wistanstow Level Crossing
Wistanstow Level Crossing Location Map
Wistanstow Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4663 / 52°27'58"N
Longitude: -2.8297 / 2°49'47"W
OS Eastings: 343727
OS Northings: 285699
OS Grid: SO437856
Mapcode National: GBR BF.KN0T
Mapcode Global: VH766.W8WN
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wistanstow Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wistanstow
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing with Whistleboard
- Location: Wistanstow CP
- Postcode: SY7 8DD
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SHL0
- Distance: 18 miles 13 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due: February 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 95
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or stiles
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Church Stretton and Craven Arms
UK Parliament Constituency: Ludlow
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Wistanstow
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.