Wokingham Level Crossing
Wokingham Level Crossing Location Map
Wokingham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4108 / 51°24'38"N
Longitude: -0.8424 / 0°50'32"W
OS Eastings: 480605
OS Northings: 168611
OS Grid: SU806686
Mapcode National: GBR C6D.HTT
Mapcode Global: VHDX2.CS0V
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wokingham Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wokingham
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Wokingham CP
- Postcode: RG402AP
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: RDG2
- Distance: 62 miles 3 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 45 mph
- Trains per day: 176
- 4566 Vehicles
- 1628 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 6 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Crossing Approach
- Frequent Trains
- Crossing is near station
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Emmbrook
European Region: South East
UK Parliament Constituency: Wokingham
Civil Parish/community: Wokingham
Unitary Authority: Wokingham Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.