Wroot Road Level Crossing
Wroot Road Level Crossing Location Map
Wroot Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.4889 / 53°29'20"N
Longitude: -0.98 / 0°58'48"W
OS Eastings: 467771
OS Northings: 399620
OS Grid: SK677996
Mapcode National: GBR PXL3.M1
Mapcode Global: WHFFG.XKHN
- Name: Wroot Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: Finningley CP
- Postcode: DN9 3DS
- Route: London North East
- ELR: SPD4
- Distance: 111 miles 53 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 24
- 1422 Vehicles
- 18 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Crossing Approach
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Metropolitan District: Doncaster Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Don Valley
Civil Parish/community: Finningley
Metropolitan District Ward: Finningley
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.