Wye Level Crossing
Wye with Hinxhill, Kent
Wye Level Crossing Location Map
Wye Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1849 / 51°11'5"N
Longitude: 0.9291 / 0°55'44"E
OS Eastings: 604799
OS Northings: 146929
OS Grid: TR047469
Mapcode National: GBR SXQ.MQ9
Mapcode Global: VHKKH.2H10
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wye Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wye
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Gates
- Location: Wye with Hinxhill CP
- Postcode: TN255EB
- Route: Kent
- ELR: ACR
- Distance: 60 miles 28 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 123
- 3510 Vehicles
- 203 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Crossing is near station
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Ashford
District Council: Ashford Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Ashford Rural East
County Council: Kent County Council
European Region: South East
District Council Ward: Wye
Civil Parish/community: Wye with Hinxhill
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.