Wykey Level Crossing
Wykey Level Crossing Location Map
Wykey Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.8229 / 52°49'22"N
Longitude: -2.8989 / 2°53'55"W
OS Eastings: 339525
OS Northings: 325416
OS Grid: SJ395254
Mapcode National: GBR 79.VB9Z
Mapcode Global: WH8B5.F9TR
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Wykey Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Wykey
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Ruyton-XI-Towns CP
- Postcode: SY4 1HZ
- Route: Wales
- ELR: WSJ2
- Distance: 181 miles 71 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2020
- Next assessment due: July 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 41
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: North Shropshire
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ruyton and Baschurch
Civil Parish/community: Ruyton-XI-Towns
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.