Yeovil Pen Mill Level Crossing
Yeovil Pen Mill Level Crossing Location Map
Yeovil Pen Mill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9452 / 50°56'42"N
Longitude: -2.6122 / 2°36'43"W
OS Eastings: 357085
OS Northings: 116378
OS Grid: ST570163
Mapcode National: GBR MQ.NL0Z
Mapcode Global: FRA 56FL.S6F
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Yeovil Pen Mill Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Yeovil Pen Mill
- Crossing Type: Private Station footpath or Barrow Crossing
- Location: Yeovil CP
- Postcode: BA215DQ
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 141 miles 12 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2015
- Next assessment due: March 2019
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 10 mph
- Trains per day: 14
- 12 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Crossing is near station
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Somerset County Council
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: Yeovil
Civil Parish/community: Yeovil
County Council Electoral Division: Yeovil East
District Council Ward: Yeovil East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.