Abbotts Level Crossing
Abbotts Level Crossing Location Map
Abbotts Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9231 / 51°55'23"N
Longitude: 0.9884 / 0°59'18"E
OS Eastings: 605588
OS Northings: 229172
OS Grid: TM055291
Mapcode National: GBR SMW.JPZ
Mapcode Global: VHKFV.2XWM
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Abbotts Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Abbotts
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Ardleigh CP
- Postcode: CO7 7RS
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 56 miles 17 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
13 (Extremely Low)
- Last assessment: April 2013
- Next assessment due: January 0001
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 184
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Ardleigh
District Council Ward: Ardleigh and Little Bromley
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Harwich and North Essex
District Council: Tendring District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Tendring Rural West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.