Albion Street Level Crossing
Albion Street Level Crossing Location Map
Albion Street Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.2147 / 52°12'53"N
Longitude: 1.4898 / 1°29'23"E
OS Eastings: 638497
OS Northings: 263132
OS Grid: TM384631
Mapcode National: GBR XQC.5GY
Mapcode Global: VHM7N.RLZJ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Albion Street Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Albion Street
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Saxmundham CP
- Postcode: IP171DX
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 91 miles 7 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 41
- 567 Vehicles
- 1485 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing is near station
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Blything
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Saxmundham
District Council Ward: Saxmundham
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.